New Rules Arrive!
The best news for an author? When the Advanced Review Copies [ARCs] arrive from the publisher for final review just before printing. New ADHD Medication Rules arrived in the office mail yesterday, and is looking exceedingly good!
With this Review step soon completed New Rules will be sent from these digital bookstores before the coming Holiday Season – at a discount paperback price below the cost of my original New Rules eBook! 😉
For a quick review of 12 specific excerpts and a link to the new Kindle version now available: visit the New Rules site: http://www.adhdmedicationrules.com
But A Key Question Remains: Why Read New Rules?
Consider: These 10 Serious ADHD Medication Problems:
- ADHD is the most commonly misdiagnosed and mismanaged psychiatric condition on the planet. Current ADHD prevalence numbers are inaccurate based on failure to understand functional brain diagnosis. Questions and questionnaires don’t address the patient’s real executive function challenges.
- ADHD diagnosis remains remarkably incorrect as ADHD diagnosis is based upon appearances – not on well know brain function measures.
- Even excellent psychological testing misses brain science as it often targets superficial symptoms sets from the current diagnostic manual – outdated by at least 20 years.
- Many write for stimulant medications capriciously, not only with vague treatment targets, but also without instructions regarding medication expectations and metabolic characteristics of the meds. Imprecision abounds – New Rules corrects imprecision.
- ADHD stimulant medications, Class II Controlled Substances, are some of the most highly controlled medications for good reason, but are often written almost whimsically, without understanding the biology of how they work.
- ADHD occurs in specific life contexts, specific realities, not only as a 24X7 presentation. Overlooked deterioration in specific complex circumstances creates lifetimes of apparently permanent pain.
- Comorbid conditions, other medical conditions occurring associated with ADHD, are more common than appreciated and create unpredictability with medication management. Missed depression can create suicidal thinking when using stimulant meds.
- Adult ADHD presents as quite different from most childhood ADHD, and is frequently missed due to failure of understanding of brain function and life context. “Hyperactivity” is less than 10% of ADHD challenges.
- Almost the entire psychiatric diagnostic manual focuses on feelings – affect, with almost no attention to thinking and cognition. Many aren’t thinking about the thinking process across the USA, but continue to treat thinking without thinking. The essential ADHD oversight: missing metacognition – outlined in this brief report.
- Drug interactions with antidepressants remain pervasively overlooked –and provide a source of dangerous concern. Some antidepressants cause long-term accumulation of stimulants – information easily available since ’96.
Simplify: The Three Biggest ADHD Med Problems Summarized
- ADHD diagnosis is outdated and inaccurate – creating vague treatment targets, based on appearances, not on brain function.
- Medications must pass through the body to get to the mind – a common sense observation pervasively denied and disregarded, and dramatically relevant for all psych medication effectiveness.
- Overlooking the biology, the science of mind and body interactions, repeatedly contributes to years of pain and suffering yet downstream medical inaccuracy remains both denied and pervasively disregarded.
Do connect on New Rules, and let’s get into more conversations about correcting the current ADHD medication madness. Become a part of the solution! – please pass this note on to your team so we can all make a difference.↓
Drop me a note below, and, FYI, check out the excellent testimonials and reviews here at the Amazon Kindle Store: