Pristiq For Major Depression – Clinical Details on CorePsych RadioJuly 8, 2009
Intuniv for ADHD: Understanding Tenex, Guanfacine and Alpha 2July 20, 2009
- Climb Carefully
ADHD Can Easily Ruin A Career Any Level
At CorePsych Radio this PM I will spend an hour on this painful, too frequently witnessed phenomena: Good grades through school, excellent work ethic, driven to perfection and wrecked by their own success.
Program Outline: See Ya There –
at CorePsych Radio: link to Internet program and pdf outline there as well.
This particular subset of ADHD is late onset Adult ADHD, and if you don’t know about it, you simply won’t see it. The original observation was by Freud in the 1916 [Freud, Sigmund: The Complete Works]
- The Context: ADHD is Contextual Diagnosis not 24×7
- Freud brought this character problem up in a paper in 1916
- His solution was unconscious Oedipal conflict
- Saw deterioration in context of employment advancement
- Many who do well academically appreciate and benefit from the context of academic life.
- We’re now beyond all ADHD being only 4 year old children
- This appreciation of structure can last long into adult life
- These folks do not have the typical ADHD history
- School history does not have the bumps
2. The Correction:
- Approach is ‘cognitive issue,' not “job issue”
- They are worse at home – less structure more variables
- They are worse anywhere they don’t have control – they must determine the structure.
- Many are medication resistant, and Neurotransmitter testing is remarkably helpful to begin the process.
This is Brief Review, Full Program Outline at CorePsych Radio – please join me for the full show this PM at 4 EDT, 1PDT