As Paul Harvey used to say: “-and… now for the rest of the story”
Events in Radio Land and Fort Wayne
Monday I recorded the CorePsych Radio Therapeutic Window Piece, – all set for playing 4PM Thursday afternoon, whilst I was on a plane headed to Fort Wayne, IN. Fri I gave a full day presentation on brain and body evidence, diagnosis and the new medications, for Park Center, a three county mental health community interested to stay current with the latest in office applications from new brain science. Evidenced: ADHD, Depression, Bipolar and Anxiety. > This is the first slide from that program.
Notes on Airport Excellence:
Pictured here are two of the famous ‘meeters and greeters,’ who daily welcome every single person who flies into Fort Wayne, with a smile, cookies and Good Hoosier Cheer. Helen and Jean, to be exact – with two cookie baskets. Thanks ladies, great fun chatting.
Well, the talk went very well I am told, but late that afternoon I ran to the airport to catch a plane for a meeting in NYC Brief aside: Now picture this part: Sunny farm lands of Indiana, to almost midnight in Times Square, – reality changes.
Incidentally, I Ran Into Some Luminaries:
In NYC I had the privilege of meeting and chatting with two of the world’s leading experts on ADHD: Dr Russell Barkley author of ADHD in Adults: What the Science Says. – and, in addition, Amy Arnsten PhD, one of the leading neurophysiologists in the world who discussed the cellular functions of the prefrontal cortex . Much fun, – an abundance of fresh information is arriving from new cellular research. More on this topic later…
Problem and Solution
Underway, I found a tweet that indicated the ‘radio problem’ – the recorded program from Monday did not play on Thursday. Apparently the server crashed and after some messing around, Michael in Utah spun up the previous ADHD and Depression program, Program #6 for a partial CorePsych Radio..
The Window remains closed. A fix is planned:
Will rerun the ADHD Medications and the Therapeutic Window this week on Thursday at 4 PM EDT: Outline: Download for that program here.
See ya there Thursday,
- Underlying sleep problem linked to attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children (scienceblog.com)
- Stars’ Mantra: Get 1M Kids to Meditate (abcnews.go.com)
- Teaching Children about ADHD – A Book Review (adderworld.com)
- Book Review – This Is Your Brain on Joy: A Revolutionary Program for Balancing Mood, Restoring Brain Health, and Nurturing Spiritual Growth (duffbert.com)
- Adhd – Busting The Myths, Breaking The Stigma, Showing Reality, One Post And Tweet At A Time (adultaddstrengths.com)
- ADHD Genes Influence Medication Dosage (adhd-treatment-options.blogspot.com)